Thursday, May 8, 2014

Drive Lapse - Artist Statement

Drive Lapse


When driving in a car we usually don’t think of it anymore than the transportation device to get us from one place to another, for my project I expanded on that and turned my drive to school one day into an interesting video time lapse. When actually documenting a drive through the use of videos or photos you begin to see more things that you would not normally look at or pay much attention to. When driving we are more focused on the actual process of driving and making sure that we stay on the road. As I was looking through the footage that I took, I began to notice that when I drive I don’t even look or pay attention to the buildings and other things outside of the road. So for me this video is more than just a look into my daily drive but a quick study of the surroundings and happenings around me as I drive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment